Milwaukee Replacement Windows
WINDOW REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, AND INSTALLATION FOR SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN HOMES
Whether its replacement windows for a historical Milwaukee home or a window installation for new construction in Brookfield, BGS Glass Service does it all. Many homeowners think a new window installation is the only option, but sometimes a glass replacement or window repair is all they need to make their home shine again.
MILWAUKEE AREA WINDOW REPLACEMENT ESTIMATE
BGS Glass Service offers free replacement window glass estimates to assess your specific window needs, we even offer window glass cut to size. During your free window estimate, our glass experts will determine the best plan for repairing your windows. If window replacement is right for your Waukesha home, we offer a wide selection of window replacement options, from just a single-window to entire window systems.
Whether you are looking to replace the foggy glass in your living room picture window, a custom window replacement to increase your home’s curb appeal, or need a complete window installation from basement windows to bay windows, BGS Glass Service has options for every budget.
LOWER HEATING AND COOLING COSTS WITH THERMOPANE GLASS INSTALLED BY BGS
BGS Glass Services install quality-crafted thermopane windows for your Wisconsin home. The term "thermopane" refers to double- or triple-paned windows, which are also known as insulated glass units (IGUs). The panes of glass are separated by spacers and sealed to protect the air pocket in between them. Often, the air pocket between the panes is filled with argon gas, which helps to reduce heat loss.
Thermopanes do an excellent job of insulating your home’s interior from the elements—whether it’s the steaming heat of August’s dog days or the frigid winds of February. An investment in double glazed thermopane windows will pay off every time you open your monthly energy bill.
HOW THERMOPANE WINDOWS SAVE YOU MONEY
Thermopane windows are the modern evolution of single-pane glass. In order to improve the insulating properties of single pane glass, homeowners used to install storm windows in the winter. Adding this second window pane created additional protection from outside elements. Thermopanes take this notion a step further by sealing insulating gases between the two panes. And, of course, the seal between the two layers of glass in a thermopane is much better than a storm window fitted over a window.
Thermopane windows use gases with low heat conductivity—the most common being Argon gas, which conducts 33% less heat than air. This reduction in heat transfer works both ways: your interior absorbs less heat from outdoors in the summer and it loses less interior heat in the winter. In turn, your heating and cooling systems don’t work as hard, and your energy costs are reduced.
MILWAUKEE REPLACEMENT WINDOWS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY
Many Milwaukee homeowners choose window replacement to increase energy efficiency. Replacing drafty, old windows can significantly cut energy costs. Our Milwaukee window replacement experts can assess your specific window repair needs to eliminate drafts.
Replacing your old windows with vinyl windows offers excellent energy efficiency. Our certified window glass installers are experienced in the installation of all types of windows, ensuring your new windows work properly.
FOGGED THERMOPANE WINDOW REPAIRS
Are your double-paned insulated windows fogged up? It's an easy fix for our Milwaukee window repair experts. A broken seal is usually the culprit, and besides causing fogging it can reduce your thermopane window's ability to insulate your home. Replacing the thermopane glass is all that's needed to remedy this.
Contact our Milwaukee window replacement experts today to assess your fogged window problem and start seeing clearly again.
SHOULD YOU REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR HOME’S OLD WINDOWS?
The experts at BGS Glass will assess whether replacement is necessary for your Milwaukee home’s windows. There are many factors to determine if it is better to have your old windows repaired or if they should be totally replaced. Replacement nearly always depends on the extent of damage, but there are some things to consider:
- Age of your current windows – if your home’s windows are original and are largely in good shape, repair may be the best option. However, if broken hardware replacements are impossible to find, replacement may be necessary.
- Rotting frames – windows with rotting wood can be repaired if the troublesome areas are isolated. The more damage, the better the chances replacement is the way to go.
- Pane condition – if the pane is just cracked or if there are multiple panes to the window, the repair is the best option. If they are single-paned vinyl windows, replacement is likely the best idea.
- Seal effectiveness – drafty windows are a drain on your energy bill. While small drafts can be simply repaired, excessive drafts may require replacement.
Cost of Window Replacement in Milwaukee
BGS Glass Service is committed to providing your window replacement at an affordable cost. A typical window replacement can cost anywhere from $150 to $750 per window. There are several considerations that can affect the cost of window replacement.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Window Replacement:
- Brand. High-end brands will cost more per window as they deliver superior results.
- Window frame material. Whether your window frame is wood, vinyl or aluminum will affect the cost. Vinyl windows are typically the cheapest, wood frames are the most expensive.
- Size of new windows. The bigger the window, the more the new window will cost.
- Type of windows. A double-pane or double-hung window will cost more than a single pane window.
- Glass type. A glazed or tinted window may add extra cost.
- Energy efficiency. To save on energy bills, you have to pay more upfront during installation.
- Complexity to install. The condition of your current windows and frames, whether cracked, rotted or showing other signs of wear - may increase the complexity of the job.
To learn more about the pricing of your specific job, request a quote.
Contact BGS Glass Services online or at 262-513-2806, for commercial glazing and glass installation.
BGS Glass is located on 1620 Arcadian Ave., Waukesha, WI 53186, drawing happy customers from Milwaukee, Waukesha, Madison, Whitefish Bay, Pewaukee, Wauwatosa, Bayside, West Allis, Racine, Kenosha, Oconomowoc, Brookfield, Delafield, Eagle, Elm Grove, Hartland, Union Grove, Burlington, Mukwonago, Muskego, New Berlin, Sussex, Wales, Cudahy, Franklin, Fox Point, Mequon, Greendale, Greenfield, Cedarburg, Hales Corners, Oak Creek, Shorewood, Menomonee Falls, West Bend, Okauchee Lake, Eagle River, Grafton, Glendale, Brown Deer, Port Washington, Saint Francis, Richfield, and all of Southeastern Wisconsin.